export to renpy?
A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Elm Story is a free, cross-platform design tool that helps authors, designers and students visually compose and publish immersive storyworlds. Featuring a virtual storyteller (DM), audiences experience branching narratives tailored to player choice.
- No-code and no-DSL, for real: focus only on writing and design, handle everything else through the user interface.
- Easy to learn: start creating your own worlds by simply linking events.
- Narrative first (storyworld-focused): easily manage all the components of a storyworld (characters, objects, places, events, variables).
- Quality based narrative: the content of the narrative varies according to the qualities of the player or the world. Virtual storyteller: a system capable of dynamically managing the process of creating a narrative according to the interactions of the players.
- Self-publication: import your worlds and export them to JSON or offline-ready, installable web apps.
In future, Elm Story will help designers and writers to generate content for a dynamic and procedural storyworld capable of combining the incredible experiences arising from a previously designed and well-structured narrative with the dynamic simulation created with a bottom-up approach bringing closer the utopia of an emergent narrative with dramatic elements generated from above.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Authors||Elm Story Games, Leonardo Codamo, Frederick Spencer|
|Genre||Adventure, Interactive Fiction, Role Playing, Visual Novel|
|Tags||cyoa, flowchart, Narrative, stories, storyworld, Twine|
|Links||Homepage, Patreon, Twitter, Community, Twitch, YouTube|
- Elm Story Cloud — closed beta is hereJun 22, 2022
- Elm Story 0.7 — text formatting + multimedia support for images / audioApr 18, 2022
- Elm Story 0.6 — character management, expanded logic features and term updatesDec 11, 2021
- Elm Story is growing — team, roadmap and community updatesNov 30, 2021
- Elm Story 0.5.1 — seamless game updates in the browserNov 05, 2021
- Elm Story Docs — new guides; editor overview and game importingOct 31, 2021
- Elm Story Docs — available now with offline supportOct 29, 2021
- Elm Story 0.5 — Early Access LaunchOct 27, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Our open JSON schema can be used to support the creation of serialization libraries to other formats/languages e.g. Ren'Py.
If you have any specific requirements, please feel free to post to our feedback board: https://gitlab.com/elmstorygames/feedback :D